Haruka Inokuma (猪熊 遥 Inokuma Haruka) is a former Karuta Queen with exceptional hearing who won four consecutive titles. She is believed to have been able to win more titles, if not for her two maternity leaves.
Haruka has short blonde hair and large round eyes with vertical irises. She wears rectangular dark glasses. She also has her own "signature smile", that Kitano-sensei calls "her ingenious grin".
Midori was Haruka's challenger in the Queen match four times in a row, and 5 years her senior. However, Midori never beat Haruka. She told Midori that she takes cards as soon as she hears them, and that Midori should do the same.
After Haruka lost to Chihaya, Haruka asked Midori to practice Karuta with her. Haruka says that she refuses to lose without exerting all her effort.
Rieko Oe stepped in to help with Haruka's kimono when her baby started crying for milk before the start of the Meijin/Queen Qualifier finals. She called Rieko a kimono pro.
Jin is her second child. He is still a toddler and is constantly breastfed by Haruka.
Midori is her infant daughter and youngest child. Haruka named her after her friend, Midori Sakurazawa.
Haruka's parents were also Karuta players. On weekends, they would bring her to the Karuta hall wherein they practiced. This is what made her skillful in Karuta.
Haruka won four consecutive Queen titles, each time being challenged by Midori Sakurazawa. She is believed to have been able to win more titles, if not for her two maternity leaves.
Her karuta has a peculiarity. Unlike most karuta players who rearrange their card formation as their cards are taken off the field, Haruka hardly ever touches her cards, preferring to keep them in place. As further the match gets, her cards become more all over the place. Her opponents have to be more precise in taking her cards instead of sweeping a heap of cards off the field so they usually find it hard to attack her formation.
- Haruka's son Aki is also a fan of Daddy Bear.
- Her maiden name is Chihara (千原). This is why she shares the same dear card ("Chihayauru") with Chihaya.
- She wanted to name her newborn daughter Midori, after Midori Sakurazawa. Sakurazawa-sensei told her to think about it some more, after she rested.
- (To Midori Sakurazawa) "I'm going to return. My passion for Karuta demands me to."
- (To Midori Sakurazawa) "I absolutely refuse to lose without exhausting every ounce of the ability and strength I have."