Chihayafuru: Kami no Ku (ちはやふる 上の句) is a 2016 Japanese youth drama film written and directed by Norihiro Koizumi. It is the first of three live action film adaptations of the popular manga series Chihayafuru, written and illustrated by Yuki Suetsugu. The film was released in Japan by Toho on March 19, 2016.
Chihaya Ayase, Taichi Mashima and Arata Wataya have become childhood friends in 6th grade. With Chihaya dreaming of becoming Queen (the strongest female karuta player) and Arata wanting to becoming Mejin (the strongest male karuta player) all three are bound by their passion for playing “competitive karuta”. They are separate after graduating from elementary school, but Chihaya continues playing karuta, the game that Arata Wataya had taught her. She expects to one day meet him again to show him how strong a player she has become.
In high school Chihaya and Taichi are reunited again, and together, they try to form a “competitive karuta club” to compete in the national championship. Chihaya believes that if they can be candidates of the National Championships, they may see Arata again. Now they just have to recrute some new players for their club to be official.
Poems of the Episode
- Chihaya Ayase (Suzu Hirose / Kokoro Kuge as child)
- Taichi Mashima (Shūhei Nomura / Eru Yamada as child)
- Arata Wataya (Mackenyu / Amon Kabe as child)
- Kanade Oe (Mone Kamishiraishi)
- Yusei Nishida (Yūma Yamoto)
- Tsutomu Komano (Yūki Morinaga)
- Akito Sudo (Hiroya Shimizu)
- Shinobu Wakamiya (Mayu Matsuda)
- Hiro Kinashi (Ryotaro Sakaguchi)
- Taeko Miyauchi (Miyuki Matsuda)
- Hidehiro Harada (Jun Kunimura)
- Hiro Kinashi (Ryōtarō Sakaguchi)
- Chitose Ayase (Alice Hirose)
- Hajime Wataya (Masane Tsukayama)
- Kentaro Tamura
- Riku Hagiwara